To avoid racers almost entirely, we encourage skiers to try the old-school single track on our 6′-wide Wilderness trails. Other options include Island Hop, C&D Express, and Lake Marie trails, which are not part of any race course.
The ski trails that will be used by racers will open in full as our racers move throughout the park:
• 10:30 AM – The “Western Hills,” including Base Loop, Tornado Alley, Survivor, Nutcracker, and Yukon Trail.
• 11:00 AM – The “Central Interior,” including most of X-C Express, Creek Trail, Beaver Pond, and Squirrel’s Tail.
• 12:00 Noon – Central and Southeast Trails, including Red Pine, VO2 Max, Mellow Meadow, Nekoosa, and Wolf Tracks.
• 1:00 PM – The “Eastern Interior,” including the second half of Silver Strider, Steeple Chase, and Nepco’s Cruise. River Run will begin to clear by this time as well.
• 2:00 PM – All Trails are expected to be clear of most racers, with only a handful of athletes completing the final legs of their marathons and half-marathons.
Tubing open 1-3pm.
Snowshoeing, and ice skating will not be affected by the Wolf Tracks Rendezvous ski races